SHIPS TO SKY CONTEST
Take a photo of the Kaiwo Maru at Ships to Shore: King of the Sea
Share your photo on Instagram using the #ShipstoSky
Enter to win a Trip for 2 to Japan + 7 Day Japan Rail Pass for 2,
2 night accommodations at Cerulean Tower Tokyo Hotel in Tokyo, Sunrise Dynamic One Day Tour for 2!
Prizing provided by Japan Airlines and JTB.
Ships to Shore Trip to Japan Rules and Regulations
THE SHIPS TO SHORE TRIP TO JAPAN CONTEST TO WIN A PAIR OF AIRLINE TICKETS TO TOKYO, 7 DAY JAPAN RAIL PASS FOR 2, 2 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATIONS AT CERULEAN TOWER TOKYO HOTEL IN TOYKO & ONE DAY SUNRISE DYNAMIC TOUR FOR 2
OFFICIAL CONTEST ENTRY RULES
THE SHIPS TO SHORE TRIP TO JAPAN CONTEST (the “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. on Friday May 5, 2017 and ends at 15:00 p.m. on Sunday May 7, 2017 (the duration of which is the “Contest Period”). All times listed here are in Pacific Standard Time (“PST”).
2. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the commencement of the Contest Period (the “Entrant”).
3. The Contest is not open to employees of the City of Richmond, or any of the City of Richmond’s, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, Contest suppliers, including those individuals with whom they are domiciled and members of their immediate families regardless of where they reside. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse.
Contest Entry Rules
4. To participate in the Contest, Entrants may:
a) submit a photo via Instagram, Entrants are required to take a photo of the “Kaiwo Maru” at the Ships to Shore King of the Sea event and post their photo to Instagram account using the #SHIPSTOSKY and tag @richmondcanada150; or
b) comment on the @richmondcanada150 Trip to Japan contest post with the #SHIPSTOSKY during the Contest period (each the “Entry”).
5. Limit of one Entry for every Entrant to each @richmondcanada150 post on the social media platform outlined in paragraph 4(a) and (b) per Entrant. The maximum number of Entries for each Entrant under this Contest is one.
6. Entrants can also enter via social media where they must have a valid Instagram account. To register a valid Instagram account, visit www.instagram.com, and follow the instructions. There are no fees associated with the creation of any of these accounts.
7. By participating in the Contest, Entrants warrant and agree to abide by the Contest Rules. The City of Richmond reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Entry or Entrant that the City of Richmond, in its sole and absolute discretion, believes does not meet or abides by the Contest Rules.
8. For social media entries to be considered valid, an Entry must:
a) be submitted via valid Instagram account;
b) be submitted prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period;
c) include the designated #SHIPSTOSKY;
d) not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, an Entrant’s photo Entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
e) not contain any indecent, lewd, explicit or offensive content, as determined by the City of Richmond, and be in general “good taste”;
f) not violate any law or regulation;
g) not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
h) not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
i) not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
9. An Entrant’s right to submit an Entry must not be restricted in any way. An Entrant must be able to provide legal releases for use of their Entry by City of Richmond in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work (“Third Party Elements”) included in any Entry.
10. The City of Richmond’s right to use photo Entry: Entrants acknowledge that their Entry may appear in City of Richmond’s “Richmond Canada 150” social media feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest. By posting content using the designated Contest #SHIPSTOSKY hashtag, Entrants irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant the City of Richmond the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such photo Entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all rights, including moral rights, in the entry, without notice or compensation, and agree that Entrants may be required to sign a release to that effect.
11. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Official Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Instagram accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may lead to the disqualification from entry, participation, and/or Contest Prize (defined herein, Section 12), and preclude Entrants from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the City of Richmond. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions outlined in these Contest Rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of the City of Richmond upon receipt and none will be returned.
12. For the Contest, there will be one prize (“The Contest Prize”) available to be won by the winner (the “Winner”) which shall consist of:
a. two (2) economy class return tickets from Vancouver to Tokyo redeemable on the following terms:
i. Winners must present the prize certificate to the contact listed in the certificate at least two weeks before the desired departure for reservation arrangement;
ii. Prize tickets must be redeemed by August 31st, 2017
iii. Two travelers must travel together;
iv. Tickets are valid for 1 month;
v. Valid for travel between May 15th, 2017 and May 31, 2018;
vi. Outbound blackout dates are June 30th to September 30th, 2017 and December 1st to 31st, 2017;
vii. Confirmed booking is subject to space availability at the time reservation is made;
viii. 100% non-refundable and no date change are allowed once tickets are issued;
ix. Name change is not allowed after ticket issuance;
x. Travelers are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees associated with the tickets including but not limited to the applicable fuel surcharge;
xi. Travelers are responsible for obtaining all proper travel documents for the planned itinerary; and
xii. JMB Mileage accumulation is not applicable; and
xiii. The Winner and the Guest will be responsible for any other fees that may be imposed by the airline, as may be applicable, at the Airport, including but not limited to excess baggage charges and change fees.
b. two (2) night-stay at Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel:
i. Room category: Towers Executive Floor – Superior Twin;
ii. Daily buffet breakfast at 35F Executive Salon Access;
iii. Valid for one year (from May 15th, 2017 to May 31st, 2018
iv. With restrictions: Blackout dates may apply including Saturday stay and some days in peak seasons
c. Rail Passes: two (2) adult economy class 7 day vouchers,; and
d. Sunrise Tour:
i. Dynamic Tokyo One Day Tour (English speaking guided tour by Motorcoach);
ii. Duration: approximately 8 hours;
iii. Tour Highlights: Visits to Tokyo Tower, Imperial Palace, Sumida River Cruise, and Asakusa Senso-ji Temple, and traditional tea ceremony experience;
iv. Daily departure throughout the year (advance reservations required);
13. The total approximate value of contest Prize is $8,4000.00 CAD.
14. The Contest Prize is not redeemable for cash.
15. The City of Richmond will coordinate the provision of the Contest Prize with the Winner once the Winner has fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
16. Should Winner and Guest be unable to complete their travel by the date designated by these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner at City’s sole discretion.
Contest Winner Selection
17. Contest Winner will be selected according to a random draw.
18. The Contest Winner will be announced via Richmond Canada 150 Instagram account at the end of the Contest.
19. On Sunday May 7, 2017 at the end of the Contest Period, the City of Richmond will select the Winner. The Winner will be eligible to win the Contest Prize provided that the Contest Winner complies with the rules set out herein.
20. The Contest Winner will be notified on Instagram. The Winner will be required to provide the City of Richmond with a valid e-mail address and telephone number for future communication relating to the Contest Prize. If the Winner does not claim the Contest Prize within ten (10) days from notification, a new Winner will be randomly selected.
Contest Prize Rules
21. In order to receive the Contest Prize, the Winner must:
a) sign a statement confirming his/her identity and provide the City of Richmond with valid government issued identification.
b) must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time.
22. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash.
Conduct and Limitation of Liability
23. The City of Richmond reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant they find to be: (a) violating these Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the City of Richmond reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. The City of Richmond takes no responsibility for typographical errors or other production errors, including but not limited to, in any photos or comments posted on the Richmond Canada 150 Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account and in any advertising.
25. By accepting the Contest Prize, the Winner consents to the use of his/her photo entry, username, first name, statements, city of residence and/or photograph or other likeness in any advertising or promotional activities carried out in any medium by the City of Richmond and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
26. Entrants release and hold harmless the City of Richmond, and all of its elected officials, officers, employees, agents, and representatives, (collectively the “Releases”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or the awarding of the Contest Prize.
27. The City of Richmond and Releases are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the advertising of this Contest. The City of Richmond and the Releases assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
28. This Contest will be conducted in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the City of Richmond only. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received, read and understood them by participating in the Contest.
29. All entries become the permanent property of the City of Richmond and none will be returned. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
30. This Contest may be modified or cancelled by the City of Richmond at any time during the Contest Period and the City of Richmond shall not be liable in any manner to any Entrant that may have entered the Contest prior to such modification or cancellation. The City of Richmond will make best efforts to notify those Entrants that have submitted entries of such modification or cancellation, but all entries submitted shall remain the property of the City of Richmond in accordance with these Contest Entry Rules
Protection of Personal Information