Times11am - 2pm
LocationRichmond City Hall, Richmond, BC, Canada
Have you lived in Richmond for 50 years or more?
The Pioneer Luncheon will be a special event hosted by the City of Richmond to recognize the contributions of the City’s long term residents who helped shape the community.
There will be a maximum capacity for this event; pre-registration is required. Please complete one form per person.
Deadline for registration is March 31, 2017.
Registration is now closed.
If you would like to be added to the waitlist for the event, please complete the REGISTRATION FORM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is the Pioneer Luncheon?
The Pioneer Luncheon will be a special, free luncheon hosted by the City of Richmond to recognize the contributions of the City’s long-term residents (those who have lived in Richmond for 50+ years) who have helped to shape the community. The event will feature a catered lunch, live entertainment, and words from the Mayor.
2. Where is the Pioneer Luncheon?
The event will be held outdoors under a tent in the north plaza at Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road.
3. When will the Pioneer Luncheon be held?
The event will take place on Saturday, May 27, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
4. Who can attend this event?
This event is limited to those individuals who have lived in Richmond for 50 years or more. There will be a maximum capacity for this event; pre-registration is required. Please see Question 5 below for details on the registration process.
5. How can I register for this event?
There will be a maximum capacity for this event; pre-registration is required. Individuals who have lived in Richmond for 50 years or more will be asked to submit a registration application. There are two ways to register.
1. Through the Online Registration Form
2. Pick up and complete a paper copy and return to Richmond City Hall, Minoru Place Activity Centre, Cultural Centre or one of the City’s eight community centres
6. When is the deadline to submit the registration form?
Deadline for registration is March 31, 2017 or once registration reaches maximum capacity.
7. When will invitations be sent out?
Invitations will be sent in mid-April to those who meet the criteria.
8. Can I register for this event in CLASS?
No. The registration process is described in Question 5 above.
9. I no longer live in Richmond, but I lived in Richmond for more than 50 years and would like to attend this event. Is this possible?
Yes, this event is intended to celebrate long-term residents who helped to shape the community. Pre-registration is required for all those interested in attending. The registration process is described in Question 5 above.
10. How much do tickets cost and where do I get them?
This event is FREE; however, registration is required. The registration process is described in Question 5 above. Invitations to those individuals who meet the criteria will be mailed in mid-April to the address indicated on the registration form.
11. Does my spouse need to complete a form too?
If your spouse has lived in Richmond for 50 years or more, he/she is invited to register to receive an invitation to the event as well. We ask that your spouse complete a separate form in order to register to receive an invitation.
12. Why do you need the information on the registration form?
We are asking you for this information so we can create personalized registration packages for those attending the event. As this event celebrates long-term residents who have shaped the community, we want to know more about Richmond’s pioneers and their experiences.
13. What if I have not lived in Richmond for 50 years or more?
There are numerous free events being offered throughout 2017 for Richmond residents who have not lived in Richmond for 50 years or more. Details on other major and community events can be found at richmondcanada150.com.
14. I require assistance in order to attend this event. Can I bring a caregiver?
Yes. Please let us know on your registration form that you will be bringing a caregiver along with their name.
15. Will the event be accessible for wheelchairs and other mobility devices?
16. I live in a care home and I am unable to pick up the form or register on line. Can you help me?
We will be sending volunteers out to various care homes around Richmond with registration forms and information about the event. Please call the Pioneer Luncheon Information Line at 604-204-8600 (or have someone call on your behalf) to inform us where they are located so we can ensure that we visit that facility.
17. What food is being served at the Pioneer Luncheon?
There will be a catered lunch that will reflect elements of Richmond’s history and heritage. The invitation RSVP will ask for information about food allergies/dietary restrictions.
18. Where do I park?
Parking will be available on the lower level of the City Hall parking lot, in the underground parking lot at City Hall, across Minoru Boulevard at the Cultural Centre and at Minoru Park. Any additional parking options will be included in the invitation.
19. What type of entertainment will be at the event?
There will be live music, speeches and interactive displays and activities in and around City Hall.
20. What happens if it rains?
The Pioneer Luncheon will take place rain or shine. Lunch will be served under tents set up outside in the north plaza at City Hall. All activities will be under cover in the event that it might rain.
21. Where can I get more information about this event?
There is a dedicated webpage for the Pioneer Luncheon at www.richmondcanada150.com/communityevent/pioneer-luncheon. Please call the Pioneer Luncheon Information Line at 604-204-8600 or email richmondcanada150[at]richmond.ca if you can’t find the information you are looking for.